Last updated: June 01, 2021
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
For purposes of this agreement, “Site” refers to the Company’s website, which can be accessed at https://openlake.io “Service” refers to the Company’s services accessed via the Site, in which users can create non-fungible tokens on the Ethereum Blockchain and upload user created content to our servers and other third party affiliates. The terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to the Company. “You” refers to you, as a user of our Site or our Service.
• YOU ARE GRANTING Openlake, ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS BUSINESS PARTNERS (AS DEFINED BELOW) THE RIGHT TO USE YOUR CONTENT (DEFINED BELOW) ON THEIR WEBSITES, SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS AND RETAILER WEBSITES, AS WELL AS IN OTHER FORMS, MEDIA AND/OR DISTRIBUTION METHODS AS DESCRIBED BELOW, INDEFINITELY;
• YOU CREATED THE CONTENT OR HAVE PERMISSION FROM THE CREATOR OF THE CONTENT TO GRANT THE RIGHT TO USE THE CONTENT; • YOU HAVE ALL NECESSARY RIGHTS AND PERMISSIONS TO GRANT THE RIGHT TO USE THE CONTENT WITH RESPECT TO ALL INDIVIDUALS APPEARING IN THE CONTENT;
• YOU UNDERSTAND THAT ANY CONTENT THAT VIOLATES THESE TERMS OF
SERVICE, ANY LOCAL LAWS, INTERNATIONAL LAWS, REGULATIONS, OR POLICIES CAN AND WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE OPENLAKE PLATFORM.
• YOU ARE AT LEAST 13 YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, IN YOUR STATE AND/OR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE.
The Service allows you to create non-fungible tokens on the Ethereum, Matic or Binance Smart Blockchain Network and upload user created content to our servers and other third party affiliates, manage existing non-fungible tokens made on The Service, or made on other third party services, browse non-fungible tokens created on the Ethereum, Matic or Binance Smart Blockchain Network, and transact between two parties by selling non-fungible tokens.
REGISTRATION; RULES FOR USER CONDUCT AND USE OF THE SERVICE
If you are a user who signs up for the Service, you will create a personalized account which includes a unique username and a password to access the Service and to receive messages from the Company. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password and/or account. The Company will not be responsible for any liabilities, losses, or damages arising out of the unauthorized use of your member name, password and/or account.
Your permission to use the Site is conditioned upon the following use, posting and conduct restrictions:
You agree that you will not under any circumstances:
· access the Service for any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as permitted by the normal functionality of the Service,
· collect or harvest any personal data of any user of the Site or the Service · use the
Site or the Service for the solicitation of business in the course of trade or in connection with a commercial enterprise;
· distribute any part or parts of the Site or the Service without our explicit written permission (we grant the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly-available searchable indices but retain the right to revoke this permission at any time on a general or specific basis);
· use the Service for any unlawful purpose or for the promotion of illegal activities;
· attempt to, or harass, abuse or harm another person or group;
· use another user’s account without permission;
· intentionally allow another user to access your account;
· provide false or inaccurate information when registering an account; · interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper functioning of the Service; · make any automated use of the Site, the Service or the related systems, or take any action that we deem to impose or to potentially impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our servers or network infrastructure; · bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the Service, or use any software, technology, or device to scrape, spider, or crawl the Service or harvest or manipulate data;
· circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security-related features of the Service or features that prevent or restrict use or copying of content, or enforce limitations on use of the Service or the content accessible via the Service; or
· publish or link to malicious content of any sort, including that intended to damage
or disrupt another user’s browser or computer.
Limitation of Liability
affiliates, or agents be liable to you or any third party for:
Any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages or any damages incurred by you, however caused and under any theory of liability. This shall include, but is not limited to lost profits (directly or indirectly), loss of data, loss of goodwill or business reputation, or other intangible loss;
Any loss or damage that may be incurred by you arising out of or in any way connected with the use or performance of the Website; the delay or inability to use the Website; the provision of or failure to provide services; for any information, documents and publications obtained through the Website; or otherwise arising out of the use of the Website;
Any loss or damage arising out of unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions of data and for any material or data sent or received or not sent or received; and
Any loss or damage arising out of any inaccuracies in the translation of information, documents and publications on the Service’s foreign language websites or for any misunderstandings resulting from differences in language usage, dialect or particular regional usage in such translations.
The limitations on the Service’s liability apply even if the Service has been advised of or it should have been aware of the possibility that such losses or damages could arise.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OPENLAKE BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF USE, LOST OR INACCURATE DATA, FAILURE OF SECURITY MECHANISMS, INTERRUPTION OF BUSINESS, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS, SERVICES OR TECHNOLOGY OR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS OR LOST DATA), REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES IN ADVANCE. TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL OPENLAKE’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, COSTS AND EXPENSES (INCLUDING REASONABLE LAWYER’S FEES) ARISING FROM, IN CONNECTION WITH OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE APIS OR THE CONTENT EXCEED THE PORTION OF THE FEES RECEIVED BY OPENLAKE IN THE THREE (3) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY, OPENLAKE HAS NO WARRANTY, INDEMNIFICATION OR OTHER OBLIGATION OR LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO THE CLIENT’S PRODUCT OR ITS COMBINATION, INTERACTION, OR USE WITH ANY MINTING SERVICES OR THE APIS. The Client acknowledges and agrees that this Clause reflects a reasonable allocation of risk and that OPENLAKE would not have entered into this Agreement without these liability limitations. This Clause will survive notwithstanding any limited remedy’s failure of essential purpose.
Indemnity. The Client agrees that OPENLAKE and its affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, customers and licensees (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) shall have no liability whatsoever for, and the Client shall indemnify and hold harmless the Indemnified Parties from and against, any and all claims, losses, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including reasonable lawyer’s fees) arising from, in connection with or related to: (a) any use the Client or its end users makes of the API, the Content or the Minting Services; (b) the Client’s relationships or interactions with any end users or third party distributors of the Client’s Product; (c) the Client’s Product; (d) the Client’s breach of the terms of this Agreement or (e) the gross negligence, willful misconduct or fraud of the Client, its affiliates and their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, representatives, agents, contractors, customers and licensees.
POSTING AND CONDUCT RESTRICTIONS
When you create your own personalized account, you may be able to generate content in the form of non-fungible tokens on the Ethereum Blockchain (“User Content”) from using the Service. You are solely responsible for the User Content that you post, upload, link to or otherwise make available via the Service.
You agree that we are only acting as a passive conduit for your online distribution and publication of your User Content. The Company, however, reserves the right to remove any User Content from the Service at its sole discretion.
We grant you permission to use and access the Service, subject to the following express conditions surrounding User Content. You agree that failure to adhere to any of these conditions constitutes a material breach of these Terms.
By transmitting and submitting any User Content while using the Service, you agree as follows:
· You are solely responsible for your account and the activity that occurs while signed in to or while using your account;
· You hereby agree that we have the right to determine whether your User Content submissions are appropriate and comply with these Terms of Service, remove any and/or all of your submissions, and terminate your account with or without prior notice.
You understand and agree that any liability, loss or damage that occurs as a result of the use of any User Content that you make available or access through your use of the Service is solely your responsibility. The Site is not responsible for any public display or misuse of your User Content.
The Site does not, and cannot, pre-screen or monitor all User Content. However, at our discretion, we, or technology we employ, may monitor and/or record your interactions with the Service or with other Users.
ONLINE CONTENT DISCLAIMER
Opinions, advice, statements, offers, or other information or content made available through the Service, but not directly by the Site, are those of their respective authors, and should not necessarily be relied upon. Such authors are solely responsible for such content.
We do not guarantee the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information on the Site or the Service nor do we adopt nor endorse, nor are we responsible for, the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement made by other parties. We take no responsibility and assume no liability for any User Content that you or any other user or third party posts or sends via the Service. Under no circumstances will we be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from anyone’s reliance on information or other content posted on the Service, or transmitted to users.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND/OR MATERIALS
As part of the Service, we may provide you with convenient links to third party website(s) (“Third Party Sites”) as well as content or items belonging to or originating from third parties (the “Third Party Applications, Software or Content”). These links are provided as a courtesy to Service subscribers. We have no control over Third Party Sites or Third Party Applications, Software or Content or the promotions, materials, information, goods or
COPYRIGHT COMPLAINTS AND COPYRIGHT AGENT
(a) Termination of Repeat Infringer Accounts. We respect the intellectual property rights of others and requires that the users do the same. Pursuant to 17 U.S.C. 512(i) of the United States Copyright Act, we have adopted and implemented a policy that provides for the termination in appropriate circumstances of users of the Service who are repeat infringers. We may terminate access for participants or users who are found repeatedly to provide or post protected third party content without necessary rights and permissions.
(b) DMCA Take-Down Notices. If you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe, in good faith, that any materials provided on the Service infringe upon your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (see 17 U.S.C 512) (“DMCA”) by sending the following information in writing to the our designated copyright agent at [email protected]
- The date of your notification;
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- A description of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- A description of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and information sufficient to enable us to locate such work;
- 5. Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and/or email address;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
(c) Counter-Notices. If you believe that your User Content that has been removed from the Site is not infringing, or that you have the authorization from the copyright owner, the copyright owner’s agent, or pursuant to the law, to post and use the content in your User Content, you may send a counter-notice containing the following information to our copyright agent using the contact information set forth above:
- Your physical or electronic signature;
- A description of the content that has been removed and the location at which the content appeared before it was removed;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the content was removed as a result of mistake or a misidentification of the content; and
- Your name, address, telephone number, and email address, a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal court in California, USA, and a statement that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
If a counter-notice is received by our copyright agent, we may send a copy of the counter notice to the original complaining party informing such person that it may reinstate the removed content in ten (10) business days. Unless the copyright owner files an action seeking a court order against the content provider, member or user, the removed content may (in our sole discretion) be reinstated on the Site in ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days or more after receipt of the counter-notice.
By posting any User Content via the Service, you expressly grant, and you represent and warrant that you have a right to grant, to the Company a royalty-free, sub-licensable, transferable, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, list information regarding, edit, translate, distribute, publicly perform, publicly display, and make derivative works of all such User Content and your name, voice, and/or likeness as contained in your User Content, if applicable, in whole or in part, and in any form, media or technology, whether now known or hereafter developed, for use in connection with the Service.
THE SERVICE, IS PROVIDED “AS IS,” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, REGARDING THE SERVICE INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NON INFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE MAKE NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
LIMITATION OF DAMAGES
RELEASE TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE SITE, THE SERVICE, ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OR EMPLOYEES, OR ITS LICENSORS OR PARTNERS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, USE, OR DATA, OR FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, HOWEVER ARISING, THAT RESULT FROM: (A) THE USE, DISCLOSURE, OR DISPLAY OF YOUR USER CONTENT; (B) YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE; (C) THE SERVICE GENERALLY OR THE SOFTWARE OR SYSTEMS THAT MAKE THE SERVICE AVAILABLE; OR (D) ANY OTHER INTERACTIONS WITH USE OR WITH ANY OTHER USER OF THE SERVICE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE. SOME JURISDICTIONS LIMIT OR DO NOT PERMIT DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY, SO THIS PROVISION MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
If you have a dispute with one or more users, a restaurant or a merchant of a product or service that you review using the Service, you release us (and our officers, directors,
agents, subsidiaries, joint ventures and employees) from claims, demands and damages (actual and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes.
If you are a California resident using the Service, you may specifically waive California Civil Code §1542, which says: “A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him must have materially affected his settlement with the debtor.”
You agree that any cause of action related to or arising out of your relationship with the Company must commence within ONE year after the cause of action accrues. Otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred.
SUPERSEDES ANY PROPOSAL OR PRIOR AGREEMENT ORAL OR WRITTEN, AND ANY OTHER COMMUNICATIONS BETWEEN US RELATING TO THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT.